Posted on: 18 March 2019
Salary: £17,000 - £18,500 Per Year
We are looking for an experienced admin and accounts assistant to join our team. You will be working alongside our current admin and accounts team whilst liaising with every other department in the business.
We are a local, long established family run Citroen and Peugeot franchised Garage located in Bushmills, Northern Ireland. We sell vehicles all across the UK and Ireland and demand has allowed us to offer this opportunity to the right person in our new refurbished showroom.
We would like our successful candidate to be able to hit the ground running, have a high level of accuracy and be able to take full responsibility for their role and tasks.
There are a list of duties that we will be providing you with, however, to facilitate cover for holidays etc we need our successful candidate to cover any of the list of duties below.
- General accounts preparation (sales and purchase invoices etc)
- Using computer systems to update database
- Good with Microsoft Packages including Word and Excel
- Bank reconciliations and payments, cash allocations and resolving queries.
- Office accounting: processing invoices & expense forms and generating payments.
- Dealing with requests from businesses such as supplying payment history and cash allocation for accounts in query.
- Credit Control
- Matching, batching and coding the invoices and expense.
- Facilitating the internal authorisation of invoices.
- Being a central point of contact internally and for external parties for accounts queries.
- Providing ad-hoc administration support within the department and greater business as required.
- Review bank balances every morning
- Populating cashflow forecast with accurate figures daily as well as forecasting receipts and payments for future months
- Banking of cheques and cash received
- Reconcile sales ledger control account against aged debt report for month end and administration of debtors ledger
- Balance sheet reconciliations regarding debtors to be produced monthly and reviewed with manager
- Raising of sales invoices and credit notes and processing these on accounting system
- Maintain the Sales ledger and purchase ledger
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation/journal
- Reconcile Credit Card statement
- Process payroll
- Process VAT returns
- Process petty cash transactions, reconciling petty cash payments to invoices
- Assist in the preparation of monthly accounts up to trial balances.
- Maintain meticulous filing systems
- HR administration
Vehicle Admin Duties
- Use our franchise systems
- Recording customer cash payments
- Vehicle invoicing
- Update customer details on our Dealer Management System
- Tax new vehicles
- DVLA paperwork: Cherish Transfers, Retentions, SORNS, Notifications etc.
- Order new cars
- Compile composite data
- Bonus query sheets
- Update vehicle details on our Dealer Management System
At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
High level of IT experience / competence.
Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Excellent team player, organised, pro-active and hands-on with great administration skills and the ability to multi-task.
Ability to deal with high volume of processing.
Capable of task management, problem identification and resolution.
Good organisation and prioritisation skills.
Excellent attention to detail.
Good communication skills.
Be a conscientious person that loves working with accounts and figures
Ability to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision
Have a “continuous improvement” mind set, questioning processes and investigating better ways of working within the role
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a friendly telephone manner
Have a happy friendly, positive attitude.
To apply please attach your CV with a short covering message.
Applications open until 1st April 2019.